A place where each person can share their individual personality.
Each individual is a unique person because each is different from others.
The difference is “Himitsu ja Nai (not secret)”
but is rather the “I” who we really want to cherish.
Dogo has broad-mindedly welcomed with the old, the young, the sick and the healthy since ancient times as a hot spring which is said to be the oldest in Japan. In addition, local people and travelers have soaked their minds and bodies by immersing them in the same hot water and performed the hospitality that comes closest to the five senses through food and entertainment. Through which, they have given us an awareness of the warmth of “people” and the “local landscape”. We will draw out further charms through interaction with people of different backgrounds, by making the most of the power of “uniqueness of the land and people”.
In “Dogo Art 2019/2020”, we will conduct projects lasting about 2 years with Mr. Katsuhiko Hibino, supervisor and artist, in order to increase the number of people involved in Dogo through art and build a “Dogo-specific” which can be inherited by the future.
- ■ Name: Katsuhiko Hibino x Dogo Onsen, Dogo Art 2019/2020 "Himitsu ja Nai Base (base for interactions) Project"
- ■ Supervision・Artist: Katsuhiko Hibino
- ■ Duration: May 30, 2019 to February 28, 2021
- ■ Venue: The entire Dogo area centered on the Shonin-zaka area
- ■ Organizer: Dogo Art Executive Committee
- ■ Co-organizer: Dogo Onsen Ryokan Cooperative, Dogo Shopping Street Promotion Association, City of Matsuyama
- ■ Special Sponsor: RECRUIT LIFESTYLE CO., LTD.,Rakuten, Inc.,Ichiroku Co., Ltd.,All NIPPON AIRWAYS CO., LTD.,
- Sponsors:Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.,The Iyo Bank, Ltd.,EHIME BANK, LTD., EHIME SHINKINBANK,Iyo Railway Co., Ltd.,HATADA Corporation,SEKI Co., LTD.,SPC Co., Ltd.,Ehime Living Shimbun, Inc.
・Artist ・Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts, Tokyo University of the Arts・Professor of Fine Arts Department of Intermedia Art・Director of Gifu Prefectural Museum of Art・Chairperson of Social Contribution Committee of Japan Football Association・Born in Gifu Prefecture, Japan, in 1958・In 1984, he completed graduate school of Tokyo University of the Arts. In1982, he received the Grand Prix, the 3rd Japan Graphics Exhibition Award・Participated in Sydney Biennale in 1986・Participated in Venice Biennale in 1995・Participated in Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennale 2003・Participated in Setouchi Triennale 2010・Roppongi Art Night, Artistic Director in 2013～2015・Received the Minister of Education Award for Fine Arts (Arts development category) in 2015・He is supervisor of "TURN" which began in Tokyo in 2015.